Saturday 14 March 2015

Mini moon- Bkk Day 1

Bkk Day 1

After much rush after the wedding, renovations and moving in, we finally went on our mini moon! Because we were so busy planning for the wedding and the house, I had no time at all to plan for our honeymoon. So we decided to go on a mini moon first. The original plan was to visit Hua Hin and Bkk for shopping but somehow, we decided on a Bkk-only itinerary.

Why Bkk as the destination for our mini moon? Because we were familiar enough with it and didn't need much planning for the trip- important factor as we were just SO swamped with the other stuff that were going on.

And we thought it will be good to go shopping for our new house, and refresh our wardrobe with all the cheap shopping. Plus, the yummy food and cheap massage seemed like an ideal let-your-hair-down holiday!

We took Singapore Airlines which had a good promotion and stayed at Ten Face hotel which we stayed at previously. This is the first time that we are staying at the same hotel twice in BKK; goes to show how much we like the place for some reason haha.

To sidetrack, we noticed that the hotel was starting to show some signs of age and cut back on several amenities such as free Nespresso capsules. But the staff was excellent- very friendly and helpful- throughout our stay and made our stay so enjoyable that it kinda mitigated the shortcomings.

We reached Bkk in the afternoon and proceeded to check in. This is the spacious living room area of our one-bedroom suite.

Our bedroom

The toilet. Ok the design of the toilet suddenly seemed a bit old to me but it was always kept clean. And the shower area was super spacious. So I guess it is still all right considering the big picture. 

We headed out after keeping our stuff in the room. The vacation starts now! First stop: the tailor for my work clothes. I wanted to make an extra set of work clothes and Dear very patiently accommodated all the fittings at the tailor. 

After we were done at the tailor, we headed to Central World for shopping. We haven't had lunch yet and decided to stop for a tea break first. I did some research before the trip for new places to eat since we were last there in 2013. The 'After You' desserts cafe is quite hot in Bkk and is famous for its Shibuya toast.

We went to the branch at the Central World. I quite liked the decor. The cafe trend has also hit Bkk. 

And the show of the cafe: the Shibya toast. It was really quite good- because even Dear said it was good, haha. 

We started the shopping after filling our stomachs. Central World has a built a new wing, so more shops to conquer but we went through it quite quickly as they were the usual mainstream shops, which means not-too-cheap-so-no-need-to-buy. 

The main purpose of visiting Central World was to stock up on underwear haha. Cos it is really much cheaper compared to Sg. The sucky thing about buying underwear here is that the staff at Central World are rude and bo chup. It is very difficult to get them to help you look for sizes. Dear said I spent two hours choosing my underwear. *shy*

It was time for dinner after my two hours of underwear shopping. *again, shy*

I found a Thai restaurant- HuaPlaChongnonsea Junior- that is supposedly not too bad and located in Central World.

The interior of the restaurant. It is a little pricey becos of its location. Dear kept complaining about how the food is not worth the price.

We ordered the Tom Yum soup (don't order the clear soup next time cos it is really quite clear and different from the one we are used to in Singapore), the curry crab which Dear said is better than the one at Som Boon restaurant, and grilled pork collar.

The food wasn't too bad, but I guess nothing to shout about also. This was the most expensive Thai meal we had in this trip. Maybe next time we should just pluck up the courage and try the roadside stalls outside Central World.

We made our way to Big C to stock up on drinks, snacks, and Thai sauces that I was determined to lug back home. We brought back super lots of food. OOPS.

We went back to the hotel after all the shopping and I was really to zonk out. In fact, I think I was ready to zonk out every night. I don't know if I was tired from all the wedding and house prep, or I was tired from all the shopping haha.

Ok end of Day 1 now. I am gonna cook my lunch of Tom Yum instant noodles from BKK which I bought because I saw all the Taiwanese tourists buying them in cartons. I made Dear go back to Big C again during our trip just to buy it and other Thai sauces that I missed out on our Day 1 shopping.

Tata!

No comments: