Thursday 16 October 2014

Batam 2013

I thought I was done with all our travelogues but turns out that I missed out one mini getaway we had last Oct to Batam. OMG it was like a year ago!

It was a 3D2N getaway that was just meant to eat, watch movie, massage and chill. The bonus was that I did soft rebonding there, which surprisingly I managed to make the effect last for super long.

Letting the pics flow:

We stayed at the Batam Harris Hotel in the city this time. Boarding place was Harbourfront instead of Tanah Merah.

Boarding the ferry. It was quite a sad trip for me. I caught a cold from the air-con in the ferry and spent two out of our three-day trip groggy and grouchy. :(

The hotel was just beside the ferry terminal. So you can exit from the terminal and walk to the hotel. Very convenient. 

The hotel lobby, with the trademark bright colours of Harris hotels. 

The mini swimming pool beside the breakfast area
 
Our room. Looking at the picture of the room so reminds me of how we had to change room in the middle of the night on our previous trip because the mosquitoes were traumatizing Dear. So funny. 

We put down our stuff and went opposite to Mega Mall to look for food. See so convenient right. I really love the location of this hotel. 

Inside Mega Mall. There is nothing much to shop, but it suffices as a place to eat and buy necessities. We found a hair salon that looked decent (I wanted to rebond my hair, Dear wanted to cut and colour his hair), made an appointment and went off for lunch first.

Found a cafe that looks like it serves yummy food. And we were not disappointing. Bakso is always a must-order. Love love love the meatballs. Dear especially loves the meatballs. Is Dear drooling now?

And a chicken nasi goreng which was pretty good. After the yummy lunch, we went back to the salon to make ourselves look more handsome and pretty. 

My hair rebonding took about four hours. After we were done at the salon, it was time for dinner and some grocery market before we headed back to the hotel to rest. The small pieces of chicken from A&W looks sad :(

The next morning, we had breakfast in the hotel and headed out to Mega Mall. We were too early for the shops or movies, so we hung around the movie theatre to wait to buy movie tickets. Today was a movie marathon day- I think we watched 3 or 4 movies? Crazy!

The very nice modern movie theatre

In between the movies, we had lunch at this cafe. I was basically just wishing to sit all day and not move as I was quite groggy from my cold. 

I also dun noe why I chose this sambal fish pasta. Maybe becos, I must eat chilli even if I am not feeling well. LOL. 

Dear's super deluxe nasi goreng. 

We walked around the mall again after lunch just to while time away before the next movie. I remembered I had to run in and out of the theatre a few times to use the toilet. Soon it was feeding time again. We looked for ayam penyat for dinner and decided on this restaurant:

Very average ayam penyat that is different from the one we are used to. The chicken was small and dry, and the chilli was not the sambal kind. Very disappointing. 

The satay was better but it was exactly good. Sigh I thought anything grilled will just taste good in Indonesia. 

Dinner was not satisfying so we decided to have bakso again. We walked round the mall looking for bakso to buy back to the hotel for supper. We made another mistake: instead of buying the bakso from the cafe we tried yesterday, we decided to try another restaurant and turns out we didn't fancy their bakso that much. Argh.

I remembered I was pretty shagged when we got back to the hotel and collapsed on the bed. I had to pull myself up to eat the bakso haha. It was an early night for me as I quickly showered and slept on the bed while Dear watch TV.

The next morning, we grabbed breakfast at JCo donuts and booked a massage session.


After the massage session, we walked around the mall (yes again) and grabbed a late lunch at a Thai restaurant that wasn't too bad but a little bit pricey.

Why am I not posting up photos of the Thai dishes we had? Because they are not in my hard disk that Dear had to help me recover because it was spoilt. :( So I am ending our Batam entry here.

Don't worry you are not losing out much lah. After we ate, we went back to pack and check out, walked across to the ferry terminal and took the ferry back to Singapore.

There it is. Our short and sweet Batam trip.

Oh, I must add, we brought the largest luggage we have to tow back the Tel Botol. Ehem, hard core right. Think we have to bring two luggages to bring back the supermarket when we get our house!

No comments: